Common Electric Scooter Problems and How to Fix Them
Feb 18, 2023
Common Electric Scooter Problems and How to Fix Them
Electric scooters are a simple yet excellent form of transportation, and owning one can be a fun and convenient experience. After all, you can go anywhere anytime because they're portable and rechargeable. But, like any car owner, you need to be careful when using your e-scooter to avoid damaging it, otherwise, you could end up paying for expensive repairs and maintenance.
After all, electric scooters are driven by electricity. After a long time, some failures will inevitably occur, such as not being able to start up, running for a few meters and then not moving, stopping and stopping, and insufficient battery life. There are many possible reasons for these failures, which can be checked one by one. For maintenance, if you encounter a problem that you can't fix, you can contact the customer service of the merchant for help or send it back to the manufacturer for repair. If it doesn't work, you can also find a repair shop that repairs electric vehicles or bicycles.
Let's take a look at the common faults and maintenance methods of electric scooters.
Common faults and maintenance methods of electric scooters
Electric scooters are driven by electricity and are a kind of electric vehicles. If they are used for a long time or improperly used, some problems will inevitably occur. The common faults of electric scooters mainly include:
1. The electric scooter cannot be turned on
(1) The battery is broken: plug in the charger for the electric scooter, and find that the electric scooter can be turned on when it is charging. In this case, the most likely problem is the battery, and the scooter battery needs to be checked. replace.
(2) The code meter is broken: plug in the charger for the electric scooter, if it cannot be turned on after charging, except for the case of a power outage, in this case the most likely reason is that the code meter of the scooter is broken and needs to be replaced stopwatch. When replacing the code table, it is best to get another code table for one-to-one operation. To prevent you from wrongly connecting the connection wires of the computer controller.
2.Battery not charging
When this happens, it may be caused by the following reasons.
(1) A faulty battery charger will not allow the battery to charge to 100%. The wire connection may be damaged, loose, or corroded, or the charger port may be faulty.
(2) The battery is over-discharged, the voltage is detected to be over-discharged, and it cannot be charged. This can happen if the key or power switch is left on for more than a few days. Or, if the battery pack was stored without being fully charged, or if the battery pack has not been charged for a long time.
3.Battery won't charge
(1)If your battery is fully charged and your e-scooter still won't run, or if it runs slowly and for only a short time, the battery isn't holding its charge.
(2)If the battery pack has not been charged for an extended period of time or has been stored for 6 months or more, it may not be fully charged. Complete all procedures to check battery condition. Try to determine its history. How long has it been sitting without charging?
(3)Try a deep charge, (48-72 hours of charging) and check the battery charger port.
4.The battery charger is faulty
(1) Try plugging the charger into another outlet to see if it works. Usually there is an indicator light to show if it has power. If it's off, you may need to get a new charger. To be sure, you can use a voltmeter to check the charger's output.
(2) Before buying a new electric scooter charger, please make sure it is compatible with the mains voltage in your home, so as not to damage your new charger.
5.The electric scooter can be turned on normally but cannot drive
(1) First check whether a non-zero start is set, and try to confirm the power-assisted start driving. Non-zero start: coast at a speed of 5km/h, stand on the scooter, and press and hold the dial to accelerate. If there is no speed up to 5km/h, the throttle will not be activated.
(2) Check whether the brake lever or the brake lever is stuck, unplug the end of the brake lever or the brake lever and turn the accelerator lever again to see if it can drive normally. If it is possible, the brake lever or brake lever is faulty, and reissue the parts to the customer. Just replace it.
(3) If it is still unable to drive, check whether the end of the accelerator finger is loose, and reconnect it. If it still does not work, you need to replace the accelerator finger.
6.Insufficient battery life
The electric scooter can’t go far, it may be that the battery capacity has decreased, replace the battery; if the battery capacity test is normal, it may be due to excessive motor power, high ambient temperature, poor road conditions, frequent sudden braking, heavy load, etc
Take Care of Your Electric Scooter and Avoid Problems
The best way to fix the common problems above is to prevent them from happening in the first place. While most electric scooters are low-maintenance and don’t require a thorough cleaning, it pays to check and clean your electric scooter regularly, especially in the long run. Taking good care of your electric scooter before, during, and after a ride will not only prevent any damage to your electric scooter, but also prolong its life and save you unnecessary expenses.